If you’ve been SUFFERING WITH chronic knee PAIN, lower back STIFFNESS, serious muscle tension, agonising headaches and/or migraines, or even painful arthritis deep in your joints – it can be very tempting to simply live with it and hope that it’ll go away on its own. Or put it down as something you’ll have to “put up with”.
Or maybe you’ve TRIED JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING such as rest, painkillers, YouTube exercise videos, or advice from that friend or family member who ‘knows a bit about health’ but nothing seems to be working.
If that’s happening to you, and you’re experiencing any of the above – you’re not alone. We hear this type of thing all the time at our Physio Clinic in Warrington. Clients who have been living with persistent pain, sleepless nights, unwanted headaches and tension, for months (sometimes even years) who can’t seem to find how to fix it.
Most people HOPE that when they get pain in their knee, back or neck, tension and tightness in their muscles, headaches that spring on them out of nowhere, and annoying pain in their joints – that IT WILL GO AWAY ON ITS OWN.
They wake up each morning hoping it will have gone… But sadly, only to find its still there and then 6 months later (or even years) they’re still living with the problem – often even worse than it was when it came on.
Does That Sound Like You?
Another common story we see all the time in our Physio Clinic is when people go to the GP, and the Doctor says to try rest with some painkillers… But they don’t seem to work either.
As 6 weeks later, they end up going back to the Doctor again because it hasn’t got any better… and the cycle continues.
Has this type of thing happened to you?
We get asked everyday why these types of things last longer than they should. One of the most common reasons is that people will tell you different things and it’s very difficult to know who to listen to. There are lots of people out there who are happy to dispense information on injuries and treatments however though they may mean well they may not always be credible.
If You’re Currently Living with Headaches, Long Term Pain, or Muscle Tension & Stiffness, Here Are Six Reasons That It May Be LASTING LONGER THAN IT SHOULD
- 1. You thought it might go on its own, but it didn’t.
- 2. You went to your GP who told you to rest, take some tablets – but the pills did little to help you and now your stuck wondering what to do now.
- 3. Someone you know told you that “it’s just part of getting older”.
- 4. You were told that the only way to help with your arthritis and joint pain was to get steroid injections – but you have to keep going back to get them every few months, each one isn’t as good as the last and you don’t like needles.
- 5. You searched the Internet, consulted ‘Dr Google” and watched some exercises on YouTube, but it made no difference.
- 6. You put your headaches and muscle tension down to “stress” – but nothing you did to de-stress made a difference.
If any of these have happened to you – we would love to help you.
You can choose which option is best for you to start your journey with us here at Stockton Heath Physiotherapy & Wellness Clinic by selecting one of the options below.
Oh and by the way… The fact that you’ve tried any or all of these things already is actually a GOOD THING because when you know what doesn’t work – you are closer to finding the thing that does!