People who come to see us at Stockton Heath Physiotherapy & Wellness always want to know…
Why is This Happening to Me? or Why Am I STILL Suffering with Neck and Shoulder Pain After 6 Months (or more) of Putting Up with It?
Most people think that when they get Neck and Shoulder Pain that it will just “ease off” and go away on its own.
That if they rest it and avoid turning their head or pegging the washing out for a while, that they will wake up one morning and the pain with have “magically” gone. But 6 months later the neck and shoulder pain is still there and often much worse than it was when it first started.
Does this sound like you?
Another scenario that we see in our Physio clinic is when people get Neck and Shoulder Pain advice from medical professionals and are told to “rest”, “take painkillers” and “see how it goes”. But this is rarely the best advice, and 6 weeks later they end up back with the same medical professional with worse Neck and Shoulder Pain and are often prescribed stronger painkillers and MORE rest. Which is madness, as neither the rest or the pills are going to mobilise potentially stiff, stuck or weakened joints – which are likely to be the true root cause of the problem…
Has this happened to you?
Why does Neck and Shoulder Pain go on longer than it should? Well, with so much conflicting advice, so many options and everyone more than happy and willing to put their 2 pence into how to fix Neck and Shoulder Pain, it’s really easy to get confused about the best way forward.
You see, the Neck and Shoulder area is a really complicated part of the body. Sometimes the shoulder pain is coming from the neck. Equally sometimes the neck pain is coming from the shoulder… The area that hurts in your body is not always the part that is injured… Confusing right!
So, you might have been rubbing a cream or gel on an area which isn’t even injured… For months! So, there’s no wonder you never got any relief…
If you don’t know what you’re doing with Neck and Shoulder Pain then it can persist for years and sadly instead of the underlying problem being fixed, people learn to accept it and live with it as “part of life” or put it down to “their age”. Woefully this means they accept giving up on the activities they love such as lifting children/grandchildren, driving, or hobbies like golf and tennis.
Do you feel like that too?
If You Are Currently Living with Neck and Shoulder Pain, Here Are 7 reasons It Could Be Lasting Longer Than It Should:
- You thought it would go away on its own, but it didn’t.
- You tried rest and some anti-inflammatories as your Neck and Shoulder were throbbing, but it still irritates you daily.
- You’ve tried a few ‘nice massages’, but these haven’t fixed it.
- You’ve seen other medical professionals, but they didn’t seem to make a difference.
- A friend said try Yoga or Pilates to fix it, but your Neck and Shoulder Pain was even worse after the warrior pose.
- You tried hot packs or cold gel packs, but these have done nothing to help resolve your Neck and Shoulder pain.
- You ‘Googled’ or ‘YouTubed’ for Neck and Shoulder exercises but these made it 10x worse.
If any of these things have happened to you, then we would love to hear from you. The great thing is, if you have answered “yes that’s me” to any of the above, it means we know what doesn’t work for you. So, we are 1 step closer to getting you the right treatment and eliminating your Neck & Shoulder pain for good!
If you would like to get started with us but want to talk to someone first to check that we are right for you, simply click the link below and fill in the form to arrange your completely free “telephone call back”. There is no obligation to book after this call, our goal is to simply help you make the right decision about what to do next for the best.
Here Are 4 Things You Can Do Today to Help Actively Beat Neck & Shoulder Pain:
- TAKE ACTION – It’s time to make the conscious decision to make your life better and get the help you so desperately need. Making the decision today will have a huge knock on effect to your mental well-being and will make you feel in-control of your Neck and Shoulder pain and your future… Rather than your pain controlling you…
- AVOID POOR POSTURE – Do you wake up with a stiff painful neck? Or after a long day in work go home with sore throbbing shoulders? One of the worst things you can do for Neck and Shoulder Pain is sleep or sit for long periods of time in bad postures. It would really help If you were given the correct exercises to strengthen your neck and shoulders so you could stay in a better posture, alongside hands-on treatment, to get your stiff joints and tight muscles more active and healthier.
- GET THE RIGHT EXERCISES FOR YOU – Exercises for Neck and Shoulder pain are not something that can be taught from a sheet of paper, watched on YouTube or searched through Google. Any health professional that knows their stuff, will advise you that any exercises for Neck and Shoulder pain should be “prescribed” by a qualified, skilled and highly trained Physiotherapist. This is because exercises should be tailor made to help you and your body. Not one body is the same, so generic exercises will not work.
- GET PROPER “HANDS-ON” PHYSIOTHERAPY! – At the end of the day, all of the above will help you feel better, and will help you reduce pain, but very often it will keep coming back again and again. Only by committing to attend to Physiotherapy sessions will you actually experience any long-lasting results. If your Neck and Shoulder Pain is impacting your way of life, your job, your social life and ultimately – your happiness – it’s time to take action.
Tempted? But would like to know more first?
If you would like to know more about how Stockton Heath Physiotherapy & Wellness can help guide you to a more active and healthy life, then why not try our “Free Taster Session” first by clicking the button below
Note: This Free Taster Session is something that we offer to people who are very nervous or sceptical about Physiotherapy – are unsure of its benefits or if its right for them. If that sounds like you, then please apply for a free taster session so we can work through what can be done without any financial risk on your part.
Ok…But How Actually Can Stockton Heath Physiotherapy & Wellness Fix My Neck and Shoulder Pain?
- We can quickly ease the pain and stiffness, often within a couple visits to our clinic.
- We will get to the root cause of your Neck and Shoulder pain, often within as quickly as 20 minutes or so.
- We will answer all your questions (including the really difficult ones), educating you and guiding you along the way so you can truly understand how to look after and care for your body.
- We will ensure that your posture is aligned and healed with the correct set of exercises specific to you.
- We will help you get a good night’s sleep. Working on your body and advising the best sleep care advice so you can wake up fresh for the day ahead. (Instead of tossing and turning every night trying to get comfortable).
- We will help you get back on the golf course, playing tennis or simply back to work without the curse of Neck and Shoulder Pain.
- We help you avoid dangerous surgeries and painful injections.
- We can help put an end to taking all those pain killers which are no good for your long-term health.
- We can get you back spending quality time with friends and family that your Neck and Shoulder pain has caused you to miss out on.
Does this all sound like what you need?
In a nutshell, we can help you get back to living life free from the shackles of Neck and Shoulder Pain.
If you want to know what it costs – and what availability we have at our clinic in Stockton Heath, Warrington, Cheshire, then please just click the button below and complete the short form.