Corticosteroid Injection: Effective Relief for Stubborn Conditions
Experience the benefits of corticosteroid injections, offering quick and localised relief. Unlike oral medications, which circulate throughout the body, injections deliver medication directly to the source of the problem. This targeted approach ensures faster symptom relief, improved function, and enhanced mobility.
Corticosteroid injections are minimally invasive and deliver powerful anti-inflammatory medication directly to the affected area. By reducing inflammation, these injections effectively alleviate pain and promote healing. They are commonly used to address a range of conditions, including arthritis, bursitis, tendinitis, and certain skin conditions.
Our healthcare professionals, skilled in performing the procedure, offer straightforward administration of corticosteroid injections using a small needle. Based on the severity of your condition, multiple injections may be necessary over time to achieve the desired results.
At Stockton Heath Physiotherapy & Wellness, we provide comprehensive care and personalised treatment options. Our commitment to your well-being drives us to offer corticosteroid injections, helping you find relief from pain and inflammation so that you can get back to enjoying the things you love.
Bid farewell to pain and inflammation holding you back. Contact us today to learn more about how corticosteroid injections can be the solution you’ve been searching for. Our team is ready to assist you on your journey to a pain-free and fulfilling life.
What are corticosteroid injections?
What are the benefits of corticosteroid injections?
Corticosteroid injections can be used to treat a variety of conditions, including:
- Inflammation: Corticosteroid injections can help to reduce inflammation in conditions such as arthritis, bursitis, and tendonitis.
- Pain: Corticosteroid injections can help to relieve pain in conditions such as back pain, neck pain, and headaches.
- Allergies: Corticosteroid injections can help to relieve allergy symptoms such as itching, swelling, and hives.
- Autoimmune diseases: Corticosteroid injections can help to control the symptoms of autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and lupus.
What are the risks of corticosteroid injections?
The risks of corticosteroid injections include:
- Adrenal suppression: Corticosteroid injections can suppress the production of cortisol by the adrenal glands. Cortisol is a hormone that is important for many bodily functions, so adrenal suppression can lead to a number of side effects, including fatigue, weakness, and weight gain.
- Infection: Corticosteroid injections can increase the risk of infection at the injection site.
- Skin changes: Corticosteroid injections can cause skin changes such as thinning, bruising, and stretch marks.
- Other side effects: Other side effects of corticosteroid injections can include mood changes, insomnia, and increased appetite.
What conditions can corticosteroid injections treat?
Corticosteroid injections can be used to treat a variety of conditions, but they are not a cure-all. Some of the conditions that corticosteroid injections can be used to treat include:
- Arthritis: Corticosteroid injections can help to reduce inflammation and pain in conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
- Bursitis: Corticosteroid injections can help to reduce inflammation and pain in the bursa, which is a small sac of fluid that cushions joints.
- Tendonitis: Corticosteroid injections can help to reduce inflammation and pain in tendons, which are the tough bands of tissue that connect muscles to bones.
- Capsulitis: Corticosteroid injections can help alleviate frozen shoulder (a common form of capsulitis that forms around the shoulder joint)