At Stockton Heath Physiotherapy & Wellness we know how debilitating back pain can be. Daily discomfort, chronic shooting pains, stiffness, numbness, or even persistent burning sensations – all of which are common symptoms related to back pain. But everyone who steps through our clinic doors also want to know…
Why is This Happening to Me? or Why Am I STILL Suffering with Back Pain After 6 Months (or more) of Putting Up with It?
Most people think that when they get back pain it will just go away on its own.
That if they rest it and avoid bending for a while, that they will wake up one morning and the pain with have “magically” gone. But 6 months later the back pain is still there and often much worse than it was when it first started.
Does this sound like you?
Another scenario that we see in our Physio clinic is when people get back pain advice from medical professionals and are told to “rest”, “take painkillers” and “see how it goes”. But this is rarely the best advice, and 6 weeks later they end up back with the same medical professional only with worse back pain and are often prescribed stronger painkillers and MORE rest. Which is madness, as neither the rest or the pills are going to mobilise potentially stiff, stuck or locked joints in the back (not to mention strengthen any weak muscles), which are likely to be the true root cause of the problem…
Has this happened to you?
Why does back pain go on longer then it should? Well, with so much conflicting advice, so many options and everyone more than happy and willing to put their 2 pence into how to fix back pain, it’s really easy to get confused about the best way forward.
You see, you might believe that your back pain started because of sleeping on a bad mattress or lifting awkwardly one time, when actually it’s the product of years and years of poor posture, which have caused your back muscles to weaken, joints to stiffen and the awkward lifting or sleeping was just the EFFECT of that.
If you don’t know what you’re doing back pain can persist for years and sadly instead of fixing the underlying back problem, people learn to accept it and live with it as “part of life” or “their age”. Woefully this means they accept giving up the activities they love – such as long walks with friends & family, playing with children/grandchildren or hobbies like running or gardening.
Do you feel like that too?
Do you feel like that too?
If You Are Living with Back Pain, Here Are 7 reasons It Could Be Lasting Longer Than It Should:
- You thought it would go away on its own, but it didn’t.
- You were told to take pain killers and rest but that didn’t work.
- You ignored it and put it down to your age.
- You’ve seen other medical professionals, but they didn’t seem to make a difference.
- A friend said try Yoga or Pilates to fix it, but your back was even worse from lying down on a hard floor in a community hall.
- You tried a few massages, which were good at first, but they seem to be having less and less effect.
- You “Googled” or “YouTubed” for back pain exercises but these made it 10x worse after.
If any of these things have happened to you, then we would love to hear from you. The great thing is, if you have answered “yes that’s me” to any of the above, it means we know what doesn’t work for you. So, we are 1 step closer to getting you the right treatment and eliminating your back pain for good!
If you would like to get started with us but want to talk to someone first to check that we are right for you, simply click the link below and fill in the form to arrange your completely free “telephone call back”. There is no obligation to book after this call, our goal is to simply help you make the right decision about what to do next for the best.
Here Are 4 Things You Can Do Today To Help Actively Beat Back Pain or Sciatica:
- TAKE ACTION – It’s time to make the conscious decision to make your life better and get the help you so desperately need. Making the decision today will have a huge knock on effect to your mental well-being and will make you feel in-control of your back pain and your future… Rather than your back pain controlling you…
- AVOID PROLONGED PERIODS OF SITTING OR REST – One of the worst things you can do for back pain is rest or sit for long periods of time. Too much rest makes your joints stiffen up and your muscles get tight and weak. Then when you try to stand up your back locks up due to the stiff and weakened back. It would really help if you had the appropriate strengthening exercises for better posture, alongside hands-on treatment, to get you active and healthy as soon as possible.
- GET THE RIGHT EXERCISES FOR YOU – Exercises for back pain are not something that can be taught from a sheet of paper, watched on Youtube or searched through Google. Any health professional that knows their onions, will advise you that any exercises for back pain should be ‘prescribed’ by a qualified, skilled and highly trained Physiotherapist. This is because exercises should be tailor made to help you and your back. Not one back is the same. So generic exercises will not work.
- GET PROPER “HANDS-ON” PHYSIOTHERAPY! – At the end of the day, all of the above will help you feel better, and will help you reduce pain, but very often it will keep coming back again and again. Only by committing to attend to Physiotherapy sessions will you actually experience any long-lasting results. If your back pain is impacting your way of life, your job, your social life and ultimately – your happiness – it’s time to take action.
Tempted? But would like to know more first?
If you would like to know more about how Stockton Heath Physiotherapy & Wellness can help you live a more active and healthy life, then why not try our “Free Taster Session” first by clicking the button below.
Note: This Free Taster Session is something that we offer to people who are very nervous or sceptical about Physiotherapy – are unsure of its benefits or if its right for them. If that sounds like you, then please apply for a free taster session so we can work through what can be done without any financial risk on your part.
Ok…But How Actually Can Stockton Heath Physiotherapy & Wellness Beat My Back Pain?
- We can quickly ease the pain and stiffness, often within a couple visits to our clinic.
- We will get to the root cause of your back pain, often within as quickly as 20 minutes or so.
- We will answer all your questions (including the really difficult ones), educating you and guiding you along the way so you can truly understand how to look after and care for your back.
- We will ensure that your back is corrected and healed with the correct set of exercises specific to you.
- We will help you get a good night’s sleep. Working on your body and advising the best sleep care advice so you can wake up fresh for the day ahead. (Instead of wasting time and effort on luxury orthopaedic pillows and mattress that often don’t work.)
- We will help you get back on the golf course, hiking in the lakes or holidaying in North Wales without the curse of back pain.
- We help you avoid dangerous spinal surgery and painful injections.
- We can help put an end to taking all those pain killers which are no good for your long-term health.
- We can get you back spending quality time with friends and family that your back pain has caused you to miss out on.
- We can get you sitting again for longer than 15 minutes without the need to stand and wriggle your back for fear of it locking up again.
Does this all sound like what you need?
In a nutshell, we can help you get back to living life free from the shackles of chronic back pain.
If you want to know what it costs – and what availability we have at our clinic in Stockton Heath, Warrington, Cheshire, then please just click the button below and complete the short form.